DOT-COM BY SECTOR: Education and Universities
Select a link below to access additional information, select New Search to start again or select Advanced Search to refine your search.
DOT-COM Activities: Education and Universities
- Africa Region - Network for Capacity Building and Knowledge Exchange in the Telecom Sector in Africa: dot-GOV (Africa Region)
The Project strengthens the activities of African regulatory associations by increasing the capacity of local universities to train regulators to legislate and regulate within a pro-competitive, m...
- Africa Region - WiderNet Iowa: dot-ORG (Bangladesh, Africa Region, United Republic of Tanzania, Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia)
WiderNet will be working with African Universities to unblock the information bottleneck by creating digital libraries and training African academics how to share their research and collections onl...
- Applying a New Generation of Information Technology at Community Internet Centers (Access): dot-ORG (Global)
This Associate Award pilots new configurations of ICT to strengthen and increase the impact of Community Internet Centers (CICs) and other points of access to the Internet in under-served areas of...
- Brazil - Programa Para o Futuro: dot-ORG (Brazil)
dot-ORG has developed an innovative and ambitious workforce development program for at risk youth by integrating ICT training and employability activities....
- Cambodia: Provincial Business Education through the Community Information Centers: dot-GOV (Cambodia)
The Asia Foundation assisted Internews dot-GOV in delivering business-related distance learning opportunities to the provinces outside Phnom Penh that entailed development of business distance lea...
- Colombia - Elluminate Live!: dot-EDU (Colombia)
The Colombia Elluminate! (Iluminate) project is a pilot that is testing the use of the Elluminate Live! software as a means of sharing environmental projects being carried out by disadvantaged youth...
- DR Congo - Improving Basic Education, Especially for Girls in Targeted Areas (aka SIEEQ): dot-EDU (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Training of 820 teachers and supervisors in active pedagogy and gender equity with the use of digital video as a training, monitoring and evaluation tool. Project emphasis includes community col...
- DRC - Complementary Instructional Strategies and Community Learning and Resource Center in DRC: dot-EDU (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
This project improved current basic educational methodologies and support the existing national curriculum in the Democratic Republic of Congo by fostering learning processes that are rooted in ex...
- Global - Women in Technology Scholarships: dot-GOV (Bangladesh, Mongolia, Morocco, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Algeria, Tunisia)
This project will provide about 600 women from seven USAID/ANE countries with marketable high-tech skills essential to participation in the Internet economy, through a six-month training program i...
- Haiti - Interactive Radio Instruction: dot-EDU (Haiti)
EDC has been working to improve education in Haiti since the early 1990s, starting with primary formal education in Creole and Math. As of September 30, 2005, at-risk and out of school youth aged ...
- India - Technology Tools for Teaching & Training in India (Project T4): dot-EDU (India)
This project develops Information and Communication Technology based tools to improve quality of primary education and ensure better access to the same, with special focus on girls and other vul...
- Kenya Education Sector Support Program: dot-EDU (Kenya)
This activity, implemented under dot-EDU by AED involved the development of an Options Paper for the Ministry of Education of Kenya. ...
- Laos/Thailand - Low Cost Technology for Semi-Literate Mekong Girls: dot-EDU (Lao People's Democratic Republic, Thailand)
This pilot activity uses low-cost video compact discs (VCDs) to meet the learning needs of at-risk youth, especially girls, in the Mekong region of South Asia....
- Macedonia Connects: dot-ORG (Macedonia)
Connecting 460 schools -- and a number of other local institutions -- to the Internet to supplement e-schools project....
- Madagascar - Technology Support for Education: dot-EDU (Madagascar)
The goals of this new award will be to improve primary schooling in selected sites in Madagascar....
- Morocco - Information Technology in the Service of Women in Politics Project: dot-ORG (Morocco)
This ICT training project aimed at enhancing the political participation of Moroccan women, as part of a national effort to increase the number of female political candidates in Morocco and to bui...
- Namibia - Alliance to Promote ICTs in Namibian Schools (GDA SchoolNet): dot-EDU (Namibia)
This alliance, workomg with SchoolNet Namibia (a dot-EDU Resource Partner) as its primary implementing partner, seeks to rollout wireless and off-grid school-based computer laboratories to 50 scho...
- Namibia - Initiative for Namibian Education Technology (iNET): dot-EDU (Namibia)
The Initiative for Namibian Education Technology (iNET) supports the Ministry of Basic Education, Sport and Culture (MBESC) in the establishment of physical, online, and human resources within the...
- Nepal - Workshop on Building e-Payment & e-Signature Infrastructure that Meets Users Needs: dot-GOV (Nepal)
Advance USAID-Nepals work with HMG Nepal on ICT policy development by providing focused assistance in the preparation of e-payment and e-signature regulatory infrastructure....
- Romania Information Technology Initiative - Access: dot-ORG (Romania)
The RITI-Access activity has the overarching goal of implementing effective applications in e-governance and e-commerce to increase transparency, efficiency, and constituency responsiveness, and t...
- Somaliland - Somali Interactive Radio Instruction Program (SIRIP): dot-EDU (Somalia)
The SIRIP project is to respond to the current educational needs of Somalis while also working toward the establishment of effective educational materials. Interactive Radio instruction (IRI) will...
- Uganda - Connect-ED Phase II: dot-EDU (Uganda)
Connect-ED Phase II aims to build on the infrastructure established in Phase I with a central focus on sustainability and a long-term information and communication technologies (ICT) strategy for ...
- Uganda - Piloting Low-Energy, Low Cost Thin-Client Appliances to Link Teacher College and Primary Sc: dot-EDU (Uganda)
This pilot activity will work alongside a WorldLinks (a dot-EDU Resource Partner) program that is seeking to develop direct relations between teachers colleges and primary schools....
- Uganda - Village Phone Uganda (VPU) Project: dot-ORG (Uganda)
Partnering with Grameen Foundation-USA (GF-USA), and the Mobile Telephone Network (MTN) Uganda, this pilot village phone project in Uganda will stimulate widespread access to affordable informatio...
- Yemen - ICTs for the Improvement of Education and Female Role Models: dot-EDU (Yemen)
This project aims to connect a sample group of schools in Yemen to the Internet in order to improve teachers ability to facilitate student-centered lessons and improve student learning, especiall...
- Zambia - Interactive Radio Instruction (IRI) for Out of School Youth: dot-EDU (Zambia)
This activity provides an alternative, interactive basic education program for orphans and out-of-school children, developing both the communications infrastructure and the technical capacity for th...
DOT-COMments eNewsletter Articles: Education and Universities
- eCenters Pilot Project One Year Anniversary - Innovations for Sustainability and Impact From Issue 16: June 2006
- Producing Learning Gains in India with the Group Teaching and Learning (GTL) Multimedia Hybrid in One-Computer Classroom From Issue 16: June 2006
- Schools are Wired, Teachers Innovate: E-School Makes an Impact From Issue 15: February 2006
- A Unique ICT Development Project in Cambodia: Provincial Business e-Learning From Issue 14: December 2005
- Community Education Facilitators in DRC Build on Local Strengths From Issue 14: December 2005
- The Yemeni High School Internet Pilot Project From Issue 14: December 2005
- Radio Instruction in India - dot-EDU From Issue 13: October 2005
- Moving Beyond the Computer Lab: E-Schools.mk, Macedonia From Issue 12: July 2005
- Marching for Gender Equity in Peru From Issue 11: May 2005
- Mali: Selected Snapshots of the 12,000 CLIC Clients (dot-ORG) From Issue 10: March 2005
- Enlace Quiché: Metamorphosis from dot-EDU Project to Guatemalan NGO From Issue 9: January 2005
- Local Entrepreneurial Skills & Sustainability in Rwandas Community Internet Centers From Issue 9: January 2005
- Technology Centers in Ugandan Teacher Training Colleges Take Major Step toward Sustainability From Issue 9: January 2005
- Launching into Action - Interactive Radio Instruction in India From Issue 8: Fall 2004
- Pre-School Education Prevails in Honduras From Issue 8: Fall 2004
- Project Results and Lessons - ICT and Employability Training for Poor Brazilian Youth From Issue 8: Fall 2004
- Using ICTs to Develop Educational Materials for Rural Tribal Classrooms in India From Issue 8: Fall 2004
- Women's Literacy and Technology in Vanga - A New World of Opportunities From Issue 8: Fall 2004
- Call Center Breathes New Life into Jiu Valley, Romania From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- E-school.Mk: Improving ICT Quality and Promoting Tolerance in Macedonia From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- EVENT: Online Professional Development for Educators From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Halls of Knowledge Open to Communities in Three Malian Cities From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Improving the Quality of Vietnamese Software Development From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- IT College Scholarships for Disadvantaged Brazilian Youth From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Media Production Studio Opens in India From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- NetTel@Africa Offers Online ICT Policy and Regulation Courses From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Online Professional Development Changing Education Perceptions and Practices in Namibia From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Primary Teacher-Training gets Connect-ED in Uganda From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Semi-Literate Mekong Women Learn Using Video Compact Discs From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Women in Technology Cisco Scholarship Program Proving Popular From Issue 7: Spring/Summer 2004
- Community Resource and Learning Center (CRLC) Inauguration in DR Congo From Issue 6: Winter 2003
- dot-GOV Provides Low-Income Women with Technology Skills From Issue 6: Winter 2003
- Multiple Learning Channels to Attain Education For All in India From Issue 6: Winter 2003
- NetTel@Africa Publishes AfricaDotEdu: IT Opportunities and Higher Education in Africa From Issue 6: Winter 2003
- Technology for the Little Ones: Enlace Quiché Busy in Guatemalan Primary Schools From Issue 6: Winter 2003
- An Innovative Approach to ICT and Telecom Regulation and Policy in Africa From Issue 5: Fall 2003
- Changing Lives and Education in Guatemala with Internet Connectivity From Issue 5: Fall 2003
- IT Employability Training Begins for Disadvantaged Brazilian Youth From Issue 5: Fall 2003
- Twelve CLICs to Economic, Social, and Political Growth in Mali From Issue 5: Fall 2003
- Using ICT for Environmental Education and Youth Empowerment in Lebanon From Issue 5: Fall 2003
- WiderNet Digital Library for African Universities via Satellite From Issue 5: Fall 2003
- Initiative for Namibian Educational Technology (iNET) Kicks Off From Issue 4: Summer 2003
- Launch of dot-ORG/Intel Computer Clubhouses in South Africa From Issue 4: Summer 2003
- Launching the Enlace Quiché Bilingual Web Portal From Issue 4: Summer 2003
- NetTel@Africa Key Accomplishments From Issue 4: Summer 2003
- Risk and Innovation for Improved Education in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): From Issue 4: Summer 2003
- Zambia Interactive Radio Instruction Reaches Out-of-School Children From Issue 4: Summer 2003
- Academic Computing at the University of Bamako, Mali From Issue 2: Winter 2002
- Building of Bilingual Virtual Learning Community Underway in Quiché Region, Guatemala From Issue 2: Winter 2002
- dot-ORG & Intel Collaborate for Sustainable Computer Clubhouses From Issue 2: Winter 2002
- Education over the Airways - New Directions for Interactive Radio Instruction in Haiti From Issue 2: Winter 2002
- IT Training for Disadvantaged Brazilian Youth From Issue 2: Winter 2002
- NetTel@Africa - Network for Capacity Building and Knowledge Exchange in the Telecommunications Secto From Issue 2: Winter 2002
- All Three "dots" Work in Rwanda From Issue 1: Fall 2002
- ICTs to Strengthen Intercultural, Bilingual Educators in Quiché, Guatemala From Issue 1: Fall 2002
- NetTel@Africa: African-led Network of Telecommunications Regulator Associations From Issue 1: Fall 2002
DOT-COM Digital Postcards: Education and Universities
- Dennis Mwandingi, Namibia
- Joseph Kanyetu, Namibia
- From Learner to Facilitator, Geoffrey Shakwa Shows Us the Way... Online
- Márcia Lidiane , Recife, Brazil
- Village Phone Milestone in Uganda
- Graduation -Women In Technology Program Sri Lanka, 2004
- Results from the WIT Participant Survey
- Manoj Kumar , Ranchi , Jharkhand , India
- Balunga Ruth, Kibuli PTC, Uganda
DOT-COM Library: Education and Universities
New Search | Advanced Search